Introduction: “We have here THE PRAYER OF THE AGED BELIEVER, who, in holy confidence of faith, strengthened by a long and remarkable experience, pleads against his enemies, and asks further blessings for himself. Anticipating a gracious reply, he promises to magnify the Lord exceedingly” (C.H. Spurgeon).
1. Trust in God for His deliverance – vs. 1-4
2. Praise of God for His providence – vs. 5-8
3. Prayer to God for His presence and intervention – vs. 9-13
4. Commitments to God to speak of His righteousness – vs,14-18
5. Acknowledgement of God’s providence with praise for His greatness – vs.19-24
How might this Psalm be an example to us in our prayers this evening?
Is there a particular verse that speaks to your heart tonight? Would you be willing to share how?