“Thou shalt have no other gods before me.” Exodus 20:3
What is the central point of this command?
God should be _____________ in my life.
In other words, he is ____________________.
Definition: preeminent “Superior in excellence; distinguished for something commendable or honorable” (N. W. 1828).
1. Acknowledgement of God’s preeminence in the Psalms:
- Psalm 96:4 -5
- Psalm 97:9
- Psalm 135:5
- Psalm 136:2
2. Giving God preeminence is a matter of daily choice:
- Joshua 24:14-27
- 1 Corinthians 10:31
- Colossians 1:15-20
3. Why is it a struggle to give God His rightful place?
- III John 1:9
- I John 2:15-16
- James 4:1-5
4. Have you put something or someone before God in your life?
5. In our culture what are people putting before God?
6. Are you now putting someone or something before God?
7. What should you do when you find yourself putting something or someone before God?
8. What are the consequences of putting someone or something before God?
- Deuteronomy 11:16-19